Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, May 22, 2009

VPN server Settings in Mikrotik RouterOS

I use Mikrotik RouterOS as a gateway to the internet in my office. At the beginning I just open the firewall on the Mikrotik To control my office network from my home, But after I did some experiments with Mikrotik RouterOS and read from the Mikrotik website finally I found that Mikrotik can act as a VPN server, Its cool for me. If I connect to the office network through a VPN network is more profitable for me, because my computer at home can act as I'm working in the local network of my office.so I can take full control to my office network now.

On this posting I will share this VPN server settings in Mikrotik RouterOS at your office that can be accessed from your home. following this steps :
  • open winbox and connect to your router.
  • in the PPP menu at secrets tab select add button then type your user name and password, select service as pptp. local address is your local interface IP and remote address is IP for your computer at home it must have same netmask with your local address.


  • At your home computer (I use Windows XP) open New Connection Wizard then select connect to network at my workplace using Virtual Private Network Connection, type your Mikrotik public IP when the wizard ask you to type the host name or Internet Protocol address of the computer to which you are connecting. And finally type the username and password that you have entries in Mikrotik.
  • done.
It is very easy, isn't it ?


2 comments: