Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Build a Hotspot at Home

Development of computer network is now very rapidly, especially the development of Wi-Fi connection, many devices that require connection to wi-fi so that can be connected to the internet such as mobile phones and notebook. So when you say "Wi-Fi" today, you probably mean 802.11b, which is a subset of the general 802.11 standard. A standard means the technical form of something such as a message or a communication. In other words, a standard might specify how the communication is made.

In my home, I use DSL to connect to the internet. I place the DSL modem on the floor above my home not far from my PC. But when I buy a notebook that support wi-fi, I started thinking to share internet access through the hotspot, so with this technology I can use a notebook around the house even on the first floor.

To build a hotspot at home I decided to buy Linksys WRT54G because the price is affordable by my bag and it is very easy to settings. here the simple steps
  • Configure your router name and your local IP address at home.


  • Configure wireless SSID and channel that will be accessed from your notebook


  • Don't forget to activate the security mode that can not be accessed by neighbors. You can choose between WEP or WPA mode whatever you want.



Your hotspot should be working now.

No comments:

Post a Comment